The first Meyer farm was purchased in 1887, located on West Branch Road, by W.C. Meyer, grandfather of Joesph C Meyer, present owner. The original milk wagon was built in 1910 by the Wheeland Brothers. Carriage Shop in Boalsburg, Pennsylvania for J.C. Meyer, Sr and can still be seen in the store today. The Meyers delivered milk to the State College area until 1947. Before the farm had refrigerators to keep the milk cool, it was placed in the creek on site to chill until taken out to be delivered to families in the area.
In 1970 our modern facility and store was built to serve the growing needs of the community. But we haven't lost sight of our years-old commitment to quality and taste by keeping things simple. Each variety of Meyer products are made in small batches with care. All of the milk and eggs are produced on the farms located behind the dairy. Every step of milk processing and ice cream making is done here onsite. We bring a whole new meaning to the word 'local'!